Space Coast Activities
The region around Kennedy Space Center is often referred to as the “Space Coast.” Ever mindful of its place in the nation’s eye, the residents of this area have worked hard to set up many activities for residents of Florida and tourists alike. Regardless of your specific interest, you’ll likely find something that appeals to you. What’s more, there are activities held year-round, so don’t feel like you’ve missed out if some of the below activities have already taken place. Instead, just contact our friendly husband and wife management team and ask them for advice and suggestions!
Here are a few of the activities available in the Cocoa/Melbourne Beach areas:
- Cocoa Beach Friday Fest. On the third Friday of each month, come on out to Cocoa Beach for the Friday Fest. This family-friendly celebration offers a wide range of activities, including food, live music, and even a kid’s zone! Pack up the kids and come on out for a great time that the entire family will enjoy. Be sure to check ahead, as holidays or unexpected events may impact this activity.
- Friday Festival – Historic Downtown Melbourne – Hosted the second Friday of every month. The streets of Downtown Melbourne will be lined with unique vendors selling anything art, handmade soap, clothes, jewelry, kids items and much more! This will be live music and a designated ‘kid’s area’. Historic Downtown Melbourne is filled with unique shops, most stay open late for the festival, so pop in and find some truly unique treasures.
- Downtown Titusville Street Party. Every second Friday of the month, the city of Titusville holds a street party in the downtown district. This family-friendly event features a different theme each month, so you’ll never get bored. Attractions include food, vendors, live music, antique cars, and more!
- Art Tango Sip & Paint. On the third Wednesday of every month, head over to Gregory’s Steak and Seafood Grille to paint with Art Tango. While you’re painting, enjoy some of the delicious food and drinks available at Gregory’s. Specials are offered for this activity. Better yet, all of your art supplies are provided free of charge. Once you have had the chance to put together your masterpiece, it will put on an online calendar! Come on out, grab some food and a drink, and unleash your inner artist.
- Ladies’ Night. One of the best comedy clubs in the area is Gregory’s Comic Club. Held at Gregory’s Steak and Seafood Grille on Thursdays, this comedy club is a great way to put a chuckle in your vacation. What’s more, all the ladies who arrive before 8:30 will be given a ticket to the show—absolutely free! So, make plans to throw some comedy into your routine, and head over to Gregory’s Steak and Seafood Grille! This event is subject to change, so make sure to call and confirm before you leave.
- Taste of Soul Festival (May 13, 2017). If you have ever been curious about soul music—or if you are already a fan of the genre—the Taste of Soul Festival is for you. Featuring live music by some of the leading musicians in the field, dancing, games, and more, this festival is a great way to switch things up a bit.
- Check out the Andretti Thrill Park. If you are in the mood for a visit to an amusement park but you don’t really feel like driving to Orlando, give Andretti Thrill Park a shot. This park has pretty much anything you could ask for: go-kart tracks, laser tag, a train, miniature golf, batting cages, miniature bowling, a spinning coaster, and more, this will be a place your kids will love almost as much as you do!
If you’re feeling particularly brave, give the ropes course a shot: this is a rope obstacle course that is set up in the air! While your kids play arcade games, you can dangle in the air above them, but don’t worry, it’s safe: you’ll wear a harness at all times.